Salary: $48,000 - $56,000
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Winter Park / Granby, CO
Publish Date: Posted September 6, 2022
Position Summary: This position supports the work of YMCA of the Rockies – Snow Mountain Ranch, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center, serving more than 50,000 guests annually. The Marketing Manager – Snow Mountain Ranch is primarily responsible for marketing support for projects that promote the growth of the Association; works as a team member to support the Snow Mountain Ranch brand; is responsible for meeting YMCA of the Rockies’ Marketing & Communications goals and for the design and execution of all Snow Mountain Ranch marketing materials. The Marketing Manager – Snow Mountain Ranch also functions as part of the Association Crisis Communications team.
- Plan and implement a comprehensive traditional and non-traditional media strategy.
- Ensure Snow Mountain Ranch marketing and other materials remain consistent with the YMCA of the Rockies brand and Y-USA brand standards.
- Work with graphic designers and web design professionals to implement a “bringing together family and friends” feel in marketing materials.
- Write copy for blog/website/print ads reflecting the “YMCA voice.”
- Maintain flow of work to keep printed publications on time, accurate and within budget.
- Work with contracted public relations representatives to ensure maximum exposure for Snow Mountain Ranch.
- Assist with specific marketing/program initiatives as determined by business/industry environment.
- Function as part of the Association Crisis Communications team, preparing for and assisting with high-visibility communications involving emergencies, unplanned media exposure, and or regional events involving YMCA guests and employees.
- Coordinate and oversee photography assets, video production and media libraries for the Association.
- Manage presence at relevant family events and group sales trade shows.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with other marketing and communications professionals in the Grand County area.
- Track, measure and report out effectiveness of marketing initiatives.
- Present current marketing strategies to key staff and board members, when requested.
- Work with Estes Park Center staff to develop and promote packages that further the mission of the YMCA of the Rockies.
- Work with Camp Chief Ouray leadership to promote camp programs and support camp marketing initiatives.
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, business or a equivalent experience.
- Two to five years of previous marketing experience in the workplace.
Ability to navigate online content management systems.
- Knowledge of computer programs including Photoshop, Publisher, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong English writing skills; published work a plus.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of and experience with social media platforms.
- Direct experience with customer engagement.
- Knowledge of and/or interest in the hospitality industry.
- Experience working with multiple vendors.
- Must be available to work weekends, evenings and holidays as needed, and requires both regional and overnight travel as requested.
- Must possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
Compensation Package & Perks
This is a full-time, year-round position paying $48,000 – $56,000/year with great benefits and perks which include:
- Temporary 60-day housing, if needed.
- Health, dental, and life insurance.
- 12% Retirement contribution by YMCA after 2 years employment
- Free ski and golf passes to nearby resorts and courses
- Private access to hiking, biking, Nordic skiing trails
- Free or discounted gear rentals for outdoor adventures
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Ski Pass