Assistant General Manager
Salary: 85,000 - 90,000
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Vail Valley, CO
Publish Date: Posted November 11, 2022
A very rare and exciting employment opportunity has opened. After reading the description below if you think you are the right fit for the position, please send us your resume! We will be honored to consider your application.
Our property lives by the Motto: “The answer is Yes!, now what’s the question?” We believe that our hospitality model has its own heart and soul, which is reflected in every interaction we have with each of our stakeholders. Whether they are our owners, business partners, the Eagle County Community members or our employees. We firmly believe that by respecting, embracing, nurturing and celebrating those around us, we are changing the world one-interaction-at-the-time. The Antlers is looking for a “Second In Command” who will help us in this wonderful quest of serving others with compassion and kindness.
The Antlers Assistant General Manager must be a strategic thinker who embodies the hospitality charisma through all his/her actions, understanding the importance of the support role to the Antlers Staff. This person should be able to work independently creating, adapting, and enhancing operational practices that are in tune with the property’s long-term hospitality vision, working hand-in-hand with our General Manager.
Through very strong managerial skills, this position is responsible for the Housekeeping, Maintenance and Front Desk Departments’ performance. The Assistant General Manager is in charge to challenge the team presenting creative processes that would help our associates to excel in their daily operations, keeping in mind the Hotel’s values of safety, superb guest satisfaction and financial viability.
The candidate supports the Antlers Mission, Vision, and Values and is expected to be a role model to the rest of the organization. Hands-on work will be a part of this position’s responsibilities to maximize overall efficiency. This is a highly visible position; therefore, the candidate must expect to work closely with the Antlers’ ownership, guests, and the community.
Because of the nature of the job, this position is not available for remote work, but it could include on-site housing as a part of its compensation package.
Among some of the tasks included:
- Create working plans for the various departments and ensure their successful fulfillment
- Assist effectively to the Antlers Team in their daily operations
- Oversee the management of guests’ feedback and implement recommendations as fitted
- Respond to guests’ issues in a timely fashion manner
- Implement guest satisfaction programs through the operations’ departments
- Ensure daily inspections of rooms and operating areas
- Oversee the purchasing of the operations’ departments
- Oversee the scheduling of the various departments
- Coordinate periodic property inspections to make sure the building, grounds, and work areas are maintained to a platinum standard
- Provide input to the General Manager to maximize capital investments
- Participate in sales and group business meetings to develop strategies to maximize revenues and profitability
- Assist General Manager in some aspects of business planning
- Liaison between LQA program and the Antlers ownership
- Create and implement impactful programs to continue our guests’ satisfaction
- Select hotel staff and perform job reviews for the staff
- Develop training programs while nurturing positive relationship with the staff
- Ensure company policies and procedures are followed and embraced
- Business Administration’s Bachelor’s degree or similar
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Good observation skills
- An ability to deliver and accept constructive criticism.
- Multilingual preferable
- Excellent computer and math skills.
- An ability to identify weaknesses and provide coaching where necessary.
Full time, salary position. Assistant General Manager needed to support with the day-to-day management of activities associated with the Antlers at Vail hotel operation. For full job description and application visit www.antlersvail.com or send us your resume to email@example.com Job will be open until filled. Starting wage is $85,000 to $90,000 per year, depending upon qualifications plus benefits package. On-site housing may be available for this position.
- Education / Training
- Health Insurance
- Mental Health Resources
- Paid Time Off
- Ski Pass