Salary: $70,000 - $75,000
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Vail Valley, CO
Publish Date: Posted May 12, 2023
Join our mission-driven team as our new Development Manager! In this position, you will be responsible for planning and executing an annual comprehensive fundraising program that nurtures and engages our supporters, achieves revenue goals, and drives organizational growth.
You will manage all aspects of individual fundraising, including annual appeals, planned giving, monthly giving, peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns, and special events. You will also be responsible for developing year-round strategies that engage, cultivate, and retain both existing and new donors.
We are looking for someone with a proven track record in relationship management, annual giving, compelling storytelling, moves-management principles, donor communications, and a passion for making a difference.
- Achieve and grow fundraising goals of over $1,000,000 YOY via individual giving, peer-to-peer campaigns, and special events.
- Develop annual and multi-year fundraising plans and budgets, working with senior leadership to identify needs and align the fundraising strategy to support them.
- Create and execute targeted campaigns, including but not limited to Giving Tuesday, end-of-year, MS Awareness Month, and monthly and planned giving programs.
- Actively manage a comprehensive donor relations and stewardship program with effective moves-management strategies to maximize donor engagement, retention, and upgrades, including sustainer giving. This program should encompass a range of initiatives, such as personalized acknowledgment of donations, creative recognition of donor contributions, and special initiatives that foster donor loyalty and commitment.
- Participate in job-related community events and organizations where there is the potential to cultivate funding relationships.
- Working with the Development and Event Coordinator, oversee the planning and promotion of special events, including but not limited to SKI for MS, MS Global, and Alpen Wine Fest.
- In collaboration with the Development and Event Coordinator, develop and evaluate comprehensive year-round fundraising strategies for all Can Do MS events to ensure revenue goals are met.
- Create and execute marketing plans that engage supporters, sponsors, and other stakeholders in fundraising events, leveraging a variety of marketing channels and techniques to achieve maximum impact.
- Monitor and track sponsor deliverables to ensure timely fulfillment of sponsorship benefits, communicating progress and status updates to internal stakeholders and sponsors as needed.
- Attend and participate in all Can Do MS fundraising events to meet with fundraisers.
- Develop compelling content for all fundraising communications, including but not limited to gift proposals, direct mail, email, personalized impact reports, website content, donation forms, social media, and event marketing.
- Bring our organization’s impact to life through powerful and engaging fundraising stories, photos, and videos that capture the hearts and minds of potential donors, inspiring them to take action.
- Collaborate with external vendors to develop and execute creative and effective fundraising communication materials, including graphic designers, videographers, photographers, printers, and other agencies, as applicable.
- Utilize Raiser’s Edge to track and report relationship management, donations, and solicitations.
- Generate comprehensive reports and provide regular updates on fundraising plans, solicitation activities, stewardship efforts, and fundraising performance, providing valuable insights and analysis that inform strategic decision-making.
- Consistently update revenue forecast in the overall master budget for all contributions related to individual donations and signature events.
Development and Event Coordinator
Qualifications & Skills
- Four-year college degree in a related field such as nonprofit management, business, or marketing and communications.
- 5 to 7 years of diverse fundraising experience, including individual giving, fundraising campaigns, special events, and donor acquisition and retention programs.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in copywriting, with an emphasis on advancement and development writing.
- Expertise in digital fundraising strategies and best practices.
- A strong track record of consistently meeting or exceeding fundraising goals.
- Experience with Blackbaud preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, plus working knowledge of Canva design platform and/or Adobe Creative Suite, content management systems, and social media platforms.
- Strong leadership and management skills with the ability to inspire and motivate a team to achieve success.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, exercise sound judgment, and take initiative with minimal supervision.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
The ideal candidate will not only possess the necessary qualifications for this role but also align with our core values:
Impactful: We are passionate about helping individuals and families with MS thrive.
Inclusive: We foster an inclusive culture where each team member is valued.
Dynamic: We are adaptable and flexible and can pivot quickly when priorities shift.
Authentic: We are genuine and transparent in all that we do.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Exposure to a normal office environment and the ability to travel throughout the US for programs, events, and conferences.
- May be required to lift boxes and other objects of various weights as part of job responsibilities.
Can Do MS Benefits
In addition to the opportunity to work with a dedicated and fun team and have a meaningful impact on the lives of people living with MS, we offer a competitive compensation package, including but not limited to:
- Salary range of $70,000 to $75,000 per year commensurate with experience
- Opportunity for remote, hybrid, or in-office work schedule
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance
- 403b with employer match
- Generous and flexible PTO policy
- 12 paid holidays
- Sick time
We are excited to hear from you! To apply, please send your resume and cover letter addressing the qualifications outlined in the job description to Alisa at asantiesteban@CanDo-MS.org.
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off