Golf Course Groundskeeper
Job Type: Seasonal
Location: Vail Valley, CO
Publish Date: Posted May 25, 2023
Golf Course Groundskeeper
The Cordillera Short Course is a private amenity owned by the CPOA open to Cordillera Property Owners and accompanied guests. It has been previously managed by Troon, but we are bringing this management in-house to be solely managed by the Cordillera Property Owners Association.
It is a 9-hole, par 3 course located in the Divide of Cordillera, with fabulous views east to the Vail Valley. A Dave Pelz Signature design, one of two in the world, the course was created to improve your short game. Each hole is less than 200 yards and features challenging shots and tight bunkering.
There is also a short game proactive area for pitching, chipping, and putting skills. It is enough for serious players looking to lower their handicap, while providing a fun, relaxed golf experience for families and golfers of every ability level.
We are looking to add team-oriented individuals with a passion for the game of golf and course management. These positions require a positive attitude, strong work ethic, ability to work with the team as well as work alone, and willingness to want to learn all aspects of golf maintenance.
The groundskeeper positions assist the course maintenance staff in day-to-day operations including mowing, rolling greens, course set up, moving holes (all can be trained), performs daily course maintenance responsibilities to a high level and incorporates safe work practices in job performance. The potential candidates would be capable of following instructions as given.
Our team consists of Groundskeepers, Golf Course Attendants, Head of Golf Hospitality, Mechanic and Golf Course Superintendent. Reports to Superintendent.
High School Diploma
- Expected to operate all equipment once trained
- Mowing, rolling greens, course setup, moving holes
- Ability / Willingness to learn new tasks and operate different types of equipment as required
- Ability to provide the extra level of detail / cleanliness from the shop area to the golf course
- Range from No Experience to 2/4 year Turf Degree
- Valid Driver’s License preferred
- This is an ideal position for a self-motivated individual with a positive attitude who thrives in a culture that encourages individuals to make decisions independently and learn how to use their time productively.
Compensation and Benefits:
$23 – $25 per hour
Full-Time or Part-Time, Summer Seasonal
40 hour work week
Golf and Athletic Center privileges