School Bus Drivers
Salary: HIRING SALARY RANGE: $23.70 - $28.44 per hour POSITION SALARY RANGE: $23.70 - $37.92 per hour
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Vail Valley, CO
Publish Date: Posted January 10, 2023
Transport students to and from school and school-related activities in a safe, efficient and timely manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB ELEMENTS:
1. Operate a school transportation vehicle in accordance with DOT, Commercial Drivers Regulations, Colorado Motor Vehicle Code, CDE Operational Rules, ECSD Transportation policies and emergency procedures and FCC Regulations
2. Pass annual CDE written, driving, pre-trip tests and annual MVR check.
3. Pass required CDE Mountain and Adverse weather driving tests and operates a school transportation vehicle safely and skillfully in mountainous terrain and under all adverse driving conditions.
4. Possess a high level of responsibility, for the safety of students on the bus.
5. Renew licenses, endorsements and certifications as required by Federal and State law.
6. Communicate, in a timely manner, with parents and staff regarding issues of student welfare.
7. Make appropriate, spontaneous decisions, which affect the safety and well being of passengers and other individuals and property near the bus.
8. Submit all required forms and records accurately, completely and in a timely manner.
9. Perform preventive maintenance, operate, pre-trip and clean district owned vehicles and equipment to prevent damage and maintain a positive public image.
10. Maintain reliable transportation, an accurate timepiece and a working phone.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education / Training
- Health Insurance
- Hiring Bonuses
- Paid Time Off