Pantry Cook – The Charter – $500 Bonus
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Vail Valley, CO
Publish Date: Posted November 24, 2022
Join our Black Diamond Bistro team at The Charter at Beaver Creek, managed by East West Hospitality, named Best Property Management by Best of Vail Valley.
We are looking for a Pantry Cook with previous kitchen experience. If you enjoy working at a fast pace environment and have great attention to detail and look forward to learning new recipes or techniques, we would love to meet you!
As our Pantry Cook you will be responsible for preparing a variety of food items in the cold kitchen. The food items may include preparing salads, sandwiches, and desserts under the direct supervision of a Sous Chef.
- Make cold appetizers and salads
- Prepare vinaigrettes, dips and herb-infused oils
- Perform meal-prep activities before guests arrive
- Store ingredients to keep them fresh and reduce food wastage
- Check food plating, temperature and portions for all cold dishes
- Sterilize kitchen equipment at the end of your shift
Location: Black Diamond Bistro, Managed by East West Hospitality – Beaver Creek, CO
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Type: Full Time, Seasonal or Year Round
Schedule: Varies; includes weekends and holidays.
Pay Rate: $20-$23/hour
Signing Bonus: $500, paid in two allotments- Half paid after 30 days of employment and the remaining amount at the end of the season.
To retain any bonuses associated with this position the season must be finished out from date of hire until this time period unless previously arranged with your manager.
- Work experience as a Pantry Cook, Prep Cook or similar role
- Understanding of health and safety rules in a kitchen
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to perform and fill out duties as laid out on checklists and prep sheets
- Able to work holidays & weekends
Benefits & Perks:
- Winter Incentive Program – Merchant Ski Pass or equivalent bonus (Full benefit – Start by 11/30)
- Free shift meal
- 50% off dining
- On-site parking
- $40 / Month Health Insurance Reimbursement Program (FT Seasonal)
- Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Time (FT YR)
- Health Insurance – Choose from three plans! (FT YR)
- Dental, Vision, & Accident Insurance (FT YR)
- Life Insurance (FT YR)401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Career Development Trainings
- Discounted Gym Membership at The Athletic Club Westin
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Corporate Discounts with Perk Spot
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Why East West:
At East West our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve.
Our mission is to cultivate and sustain an inclusive and welcoming environment in which everyone thrives and feels like they belong. That starts by living true to our core value, Embracing Diversity. These principles are always top of mind and are never in question.
We believe racism, discrimination and acts of violence are intolerable.
We believe that being unique is powerful.
We believe inclusion and diversity are integral ingredients to progress.
We will actively pursue diversity and inclusion.
We will commit resources to new and existing initiatives.
We will listen and create opportunities for all voices to be heard to inspire positive change.
We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at jobs.eastwest.com/culture.
- Education / Training
- Employee Recognition Program
- Hiring Bonuses
- Mental Health Resources
- Paid Time Off
- Ski Pass