Salary: $25- $28 / hour
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Vail Valley, CO
Publish Date: Posted November 18, 2022
East West Family of Companies is looking for a detail oriented Payroll Specialist to help support our growing company. If you have strong interpersonal skills and a desire to learn and grow with our team, we would love to meet you!
This position is responsible for processing weekly payrolls and supporting the general operation of payroll and benefits for the East West Family of Companies; including East West Hospitality, East West Partners, and Slifer Smith, & Frampton, in various locations throughout CO, UT, CA, SC, and HI. This position is based at the corporate East West office in Avon, CO. This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door with room for growth.
- Process weekly payrolls accurately and efficiently, while maintaining employee information, reviewing earnings, and processing payroll reports.
- Enters, maintains, and processes information in the HRIS system; information may include employee hourly rates, salaries, commissions, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, position changes, paid leave and holidays, deductions and withholding, address changes, and other information.
- Screens time cards, enters time card data, reviews keyed entries, and verifies accuracy of data entry. Communicates with managers to correct and fix time card issues.
- Processes check voids, manual checks, disability payments, payment adjustments, and garnishment payments.
- Maintain and audit personnel, payroll, and benefits files in compliance with federal, state and EWH requirements
- Distribute and collect payroll related documents in a timely manner
Handle and research routine payroll related inquiries using both internal and external knowledge
- Maintain system data and information.
- Prepare and submit monthly and weekly reporting.
- Provide administrative support to Payroll/Benefits Departments
- Maintain a high level of security and confidentially of sensitive information.
- Communicates in a timely and professional manner.
Location: Corporate Office, Seasons Building – Avon, CO
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Status: Full Time, Year Round
Pay Rate: $25 – $28 / hr
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm (some flexibility)
- Previous payroll experience preferred – at the operational level, or in a similar payroll processing scenario.
- Ability to learn and understand basic employment law, both state and federal
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel
- Ability to learn, understand, and operate in multiple HRIS programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have high attention to detail
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask
- Must be comfortable working at a computer all day
Benefits & Perks:
- Health Insurance – Choose from three plans!
- Dental, Vision, Accident, Life, & Pet Insurance options!
- $1000 Wellness Bonus / Year
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- Marriott Hotel Discounts Worldwide
- Career Development Trainings
- Discounted Gym Membership at The Athletic Club Westin
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Why East West: At East West our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve.
Our mission is to cultivate and sustain an inclusive and welcoming environment in which everyone thrives and feels like they belong. That starts by living true to our core value, Embracing Diversity. These principles are always top of mind and are never in question.
We believe racism, discrimination and acts of violence are intolerable.
We believe that being unique is powerful.
We believe inclusion and diversity are integral ingredients to progress.
We will actively pursue diversity and inclusion.
We will commit resources to new and existing initiatives.
We will listen and create opportunities for all voices to be heard to inspire positive change.
We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at jobs.eastwest.com/culture.
- Education / Training
- Employee Recognition Program
- Health Insurance
- Mental Health Resources
- Paid Time Off
- Retention Bonuses
- Ski Pass