Job Type: Full Time
Location: Leadville, CO
Publish Date: Posted January 24, 2023
As FREIGHT continues to delight more and more lodging guests and event goers, we’re hiring an Accommodation Station Master (or Hotel Manager). If you’re a steady leader, with hospitality and customer service skills, we’d love to chat!
Built in 1884 as a freight train depot, FREIGHT was reimagined in 2017-18 as a community gathering space for Leadville and beyond. Now completing its fourth year, FREIGHT hosts scores of events: public markets, Open Mic Night, political debates, dances, quinceañeras, weddings, race events, fly-tying, fundraisers, business retreats, and more. Complementing FREIGHT’s operations is the S.L.umber Yard, a hotel of 13 carefully-crafted cabins, completed in the summer of 2020.
The Accommodation Station Master sets the tone and culture of our boutique hotel. You will welcome and host thousands of guests as they experience Leadville and our community through the gateway of the S.L.umber Yard. You’ll lead our hotel guest experience, hotel operations, and cleaning staff. You will partner closely with our Party Priestess and coordinate with our event staff to ensure quality of the accommodation product line within the FREIGHT brand. In your first 30 days on the job, you’ll work directly with our excellent cleaning staff and respond directly to our amazing clients who come back time and time again and partner with our Assistant Hotel Manager to facilitate the hotel’s operations. If you’re a team-leader who is comfortable with direct customer interfacing and enjoys a job where no two days are the same, FREIGHT could be the place for you.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Create and maintain a culture of welcoming and quality for our guests within the hotel and on the phone.
- Manage guest experience from inquiry through stay and follow-up. This includes staying in touch with returning customers.
- Respond to inquiries and on-site guest needs through the phone on-call from Wednesday-Sunday 9am-5pm and 8am-8pm on days when guests are in cabins
Marketing & business development
- Identify new business opportunities and partnerships to grow our lodging
- Manage group rates, listings, and promotions
- Collaborate with event and management staff to promote and enhance the FREIGHT brand across all product lines.
- Ensure cleanliness of FREIGHT complex including S.L.umber Yard, depot, and grounds.
- Problem solve basic repairs and work with FREIGHT team to report urgent and/or long term repairs in a timely manner.
- Suggest new products and equipment that would enhance guest experience.
Staff Leadership and Management
- Conduct hiring and development opportunities for FREIGHT cleaning staff
- Establish cleaning schedule for S.L.umber Yard, depot, and grounds (daily, weekly, and seasonal cleaning).
- Conduct performance reviews on a regular basis for cleaning staff.
Process & systems management
- Ensure our booking platforms are current and consistent (CloudBeds, Airbnb, Trip Advisor, STASH, etc).
- Look for ways to engage new clients of the S.L.umber Yard.
- Collect and analyze guest feedback.
- Execute inventory for equipment and consumables within the S.L.umber Yard and all cleaning tools.
The following are desired candidate skills, but we’re flexible if you’re stronger in one area than in others.
Strongly encouraged skills
- Experience in the hospitality industry
- Strong dedication to customer service
- Proficient at using Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- Ability to perform physically-demanding labor (i.e., shoveling snow, carrying trash)
- High attention to detail
- Spanish language skills
- Proactive mentality: identify the problem and implement solutions
- Strong team player who is comfortable with cross-functional collaboration
- Leadership of people and/or complex projects
- Must live in or be willing to move to Lake County
FREIGHT is an equal opportunity employer. However you identify, or whatever path brought you here, if FREIGHT ignites a potential you haven’t found anywhere else, please apply.
See something in the “candidate skills” that makes you think, “That’s not me”? Please consider all the many talents you do bring to the table. We want to activate someone who feels at home with us.
Employment at FREIGHT includes:
- Salary range $43,000-$50,000 DOE annual salary
- Initial trainings around all product lines
- 80 hours of paid time off per year plus 8 days PTO in the first 2 weeks of November (to be scheduled in conjunction with the rest of the FREIGHT staff)
- Individual health insurance package, $500 vacation stipend per year.
To apply: Please email resume and cover letter to Elsa@freightleadville.com or fill out the application on our website. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis with the goal of hiring by February 15th, 2023.
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Pet Friendly
- Retention Bonuses