HR Benefits & Leave Specialist
Salary: $56,000 - $67,000
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Aspen / Roaring Fork, CO
Publish Date: Posted February 28, 2023
Applications have closed
Join Garfield County’s Human Resources team. Our new team member will focus on the delivery and administration of employee benefits, onboarding, wellness, and leave programs. The opening is for either a Sr. Specialist level or a Specialist level. This unique opportunity is open to HR professionals who are already seasoned benefits professionals, or emerging HR professionals interested in expanding knowledge and working in the public sector. Public service is as the heart of everything we do in Garfield County.
The Job: (Sample job duties)
· Working under the Compensation & Benefits Mgr., primarily responsible for the overall administration of employee benefits. Enrollments, vendor management and troubleshooting, and customer service.
· Creates and delivers employee communication materials, content, and benefits trainings. Coordinates open enrollment and events.
· Coordinates employee leave programs, which includes FMLA, Workers’ Compensation, Leave of Absence, Short & Long Term Disability. Manages return to work program. Advises employees on leave opportunities and requirements.
· Leads employee wellness initiatives and wellness champion team.
· Leads new hire orientation and onboarding. Delivers presentations, new hire experience, and completion of required paperwork.
The Successful Candidate: To be considered, you should have a bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, or related field, and one (1) to three (3) years of experience in a professional level Human Resources position. Any combination of experience and education that meets the requirements will be considered. The successful candidate will be proficient with modern business technologies, including Microsoft Excel, Word, & PowerPoint. The preferred candidate will have previous experience in employee benefits and leave administration, and public sector human resources.
· Retirement program with a 5% employer match.
· 100% paid employee and dependent health insurance option.
· Dental/Vision program
· Short Term & Long Term Disability
· Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
· Wellness program and Incentive
· Large umbrella of benefits and access to free or reduced cost health center
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. First application review is March 20th, 2023, by 5:00pm MST. The salary for this position is dependent on qualifications. The hiring range for this position is $56,000 – $67,000 to start.
- Health Insurance
- Mental Health Resources
- Paid Time Off
- Ski Pass