Salary: $47,636 - $49,542; Salary/Exempt
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Vail Valley, CO
Publish Date: Posted November 2, 2022
Applications have closed
Mountain Recreation offers a fun, exciting environment to our participants and staff alike; one that fosters, skill building, movement, life skills and fun! Applicants must be enthusiastic and love working in recreation, and have strong work ethic.
The Gymnastics Coordinator will assist the Gymnastics Supervisor in a front-line role helping to coach gymnastics programs including our trampoline classes at the Edwards Field House. This position will help put programs into our programs system, help oversee staff, assist in creating schedules and process payroll.
You are welcome at Mountain Rec for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what keeps you active. Recreation is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our organization, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way we PLAY.
Salary: $47,636 – $59,546; Salary/Exempt
Location: Edwards and Gypsum; Eagle County, Co
General Statement of Duties: Assists Recreation Supervisor- Gymnastics in planning, implementing and organizing recreation programs and services while also serving in a front-line role as needed. Responsible for providing quality instructional training / coaching to program participants. Must be able to demonstrate skills and communicate well with children and parents. Trains and assigns instructors, volunteers, coaches, and part-time staff. Administers paperwork, creates programs in registration software and meet preparation work.
Examples of Duties:
- Assists in planning, coordinating, supervising and conducting gymnastics activities to achieve departmental and community service goals.
- Supervises and leads gymnastics, trampoline, and ninja classes and programs with fun and excitement. Majority of the time focused on trampoline classes.
- Attends gymnastics meets as assigned during meet season. Weekends and travel may be necessary.
- Assists in hiring, training, payroll, and scheduling of part-time staff, with teamwork and efficiency as primary goals; reviews and evaluates to maximize program and customer service quality and staff productivity.
- Works collaboratively with the Facility Supervisors to schedule use of program space for special events, birthday parties or any other event or activity outside of regular operating hours.
- Notifies class participants and instructors of class cancellations, program changes, added classes, processing refunds, receiving and replying to all correspondence.
- Assists in developing new programs and services that are consistent with District mission and goals and meet community needs and interests.
- Ensure safety by communicating and enforcing any gymnastics center rules, policies and guidelines at participants’ comprehension level.
- Communicate effectively to both children and their parents / guardians.
- Must be able to meet the physical and emotional demands of the job including proper spotting, technique, proper setting of equipment, to ensure the safety of all participants.
- Have the aptitude and attitude for coaching all ages and levels of gymnastics ability and give excellent coaching instructions in a professional manner.
- Communicates to direct supervisor any concerns, needed repairs, or incidents that may need follow-up. Is courteous and gives sincere attention to members by answering questions.
- Places and progresses students in recreational classes
- Completes skill charts and attendance in a timely basis
- Makes consistent progress toward obtaining credentials/certifications
- Assists with set up and break down of equipment and facilities and cleans facility as assigned
- Completes required records and documentation.
- Responsible for participating in Forward Together. A diversity, equity and inclusion initiative to ensure our entire community feels welcome in any
- Mountain Rec facility, program, or activity. Create programs and experiences for our diverse community by removing barriers and obstacles so everyone in our community can live a healthy and happy life.
- Attends district and departmental meetings as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education / Training
- Employee Recognition Program
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off