MIRA Community Outreach Specialist (full time or part time) / Especialista en Servicios Comunitarios MIRA (tiempo completo o medio tiempo)
Would you like to work with the organization that won Best Small Nonprofit of the Year? Join our team at the MIRA Bus! managed by the Eagle Valley Community Foundation (EVCF).
We are looking for a dynamic, mission-driven team member who is passionate about helping community members thrive.
The Community Outreach Specialist is responsible for engaging with members of the community to understand their needs and offer appropriate resources. This person should be passionate about helping others, empathetic and proactive in looking for resources in the community and having them available at the MIRA Bus. This person greatly enjoys personal interactions and genuinely cares for others’ wellbeing. The Community Outreach Specialist must be bilingual in English-Spanish.
We are looking for candidates that are interested in Full time (average of 40 hours/week) or Part time (average of 20 hours/week) work. If you enjoy being connected with our community, have passion for helping others, and want to be a part toward creating a positive change in our Valley, please apply for this role!
Applicants are encouraged to apply by January 11th, however the position will remain open until filled.
- Have great customer service skills to communicate with and serve others.
- Keep a good understanding of the comprehensive resources offered in the community.
- Keep resources, services, and programming organized to be able to communicate them.
- Actively participate in the coordination and attendance of special events/projects.
- Responsible for managing the MIRA phone line.
- Responsible for managing the main MIRA email address.
- Manage the MIRA social media channels.
- Manage our text messaging system – Betwext.
- Initiate and keep good relationships with partners and residents in the community.
- Help with the daily set up of the bus inside and outside at the beginning and end of the day.
- Support the MIRA Program Manager with programming and partner relations.
- Interpret from Spanish to English or vice versa during special events and when needed during daily operations.
- Post our monthly calendar on the MIRA website.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of relevant professional experience preferred, including:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong relationship and network-building skills
- ‘Can do’ roll up your sleeves attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, detailed oriented
- Bilingual in Spanish and English required
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Ability to adapt quickly to change
- Ability to collaborate and work successfully with a team
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Paid time off (PTO) and sick time
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible work schedule
- Employee Assistance Program
- 12 paid holidays
- Employee Housing
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter & resume to Virginia Lecea at [email protected]
Eagle Valley Community Foundations is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At our organization we embrace diversity, respect, and inclusion. We do not discriminate with regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.