Salary: $57,000 - $82,000
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Vail Valley, CO
Publish Date: Posted November 29, 2022
This position has been filled
The Development Coordinator facilitates and synchronizes all Community Development Department activities and processes and serves as the primary contact for the development community and the Town.
The Development Coordinator supports effective growth in Avon through consistent engagement with developers and contractors, and the review of projects and plans. This position acts as the Department’s lead in ensuring that the online permitting and licensing platform functions successfully and efficiently, and continually revises our policies and procedures related to development. The Development Coordinator generally will advance the Town as stewards of sustainable growth and embrace innovation and evolving best-practices related to the enhancement of our community’s development.
1. Serves as primary public contact (phone/walk in/email) and coordinator for Community Development, providing exceptional customer service.
2. Coordinates development application reviews with other Town departments and outside agencies.
3. Proactively assists customers with application submittals and research.
4. Maintains filing and inspections, and schedules building inspections with third-party inspectors in the absence of the Building Official
5. Assists with maintaining and organizing the Community Development Department’s website.
6. Leads administration of permit software by serving as trainer and data base administrator, including but not limited to creating reports for Town staff, and outside agencies on an as needed basis.
7. Accepts payments, issues receipts, and maintain records of transactions
8. Processes and issues building permits and contractor licenses.
9. Populates the archive file system by scanning files as well as archived files as time permits.
10. Ensures the transfer and disposal of records per the retention schedules and policies are carried out effectively
11. Drafts, prepares, and edits correspondence, statistical or technical reports, legal descriptions, specifications, and office forms requiring independence of judgment as to content, style, accuracy and completeness
Benefits for full-time employees include:
- Retirement match of 11%
- Life insurance
- Avon Recreation Center passes for you and your dependents
- Family health, vison and dental insurance
- Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays
- Spanish proficiency pay incentive
- Employee Recognition Program
- Health Insurance
- Mental Health Resources
- Paid Time Off
- Pet Friendly