Parks and Recreation Office Assistant
Salary: Grade 20; minimum $43,064-maximum $58,136 DOQ
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Telluride, CO
Publish Date: Posted November 15, 2022
This position has been filled
Under the general direction of the Administrative Assistant, the Office Assistant oversees the Information Center and the Campground in Town Park and assists the Parks and Recreation management staff with daily administrative tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Parks and Recreation Office Assistant Full Job Description
- Greets visitors at the Information Center; answers various walk-up inquiries and visitor questions.
- Provides information to the public and staff, either by phone, by email, or in person
- Corresponds through email; uses Microsoft Outlook for emails, tasks, and scheduling.
- Answers phone calls; routes calls to the appropriate department or staff member when necessary; understands how to utilize the Town’s phone dial plan
- Cash Handling
- Receives payments and balances cash drawers; performs opening and closing procedures; performs end-of-day cash reporting.
- Counts shower revenues and posts to the department’s general ledger
- Equipment Lending
- Checks out recreational equipment to the public
- Maintains the recreational equipment inventory, such as tennis rackets, basketballs, volleyballs, etc
Recreation, Programming, Facilities, and Events
- Maintains the department’s recreation software; updates activity and facility calendars to reflect daily reservations
- Assists the Recreation Staff with scheduling and building out programming, activities, and events
- Assists residents and visitors with registering for programs, activities, events, and camping
- Assists with the annual Festival Barricade Pass distribution
- Coordinates with the Campground Attendant to oversee the daily arrivals and departures at the campground
- Processes cancellations and refunds; processes daily no call no shows
- Updates camping reservations and permits as campers get rental data, guest information, and permit transfers
High school diploma or equivalent required; Driver’s License; 1-2 years of experience in a reception or office administration field required; 3-5 years of experience in customer service preferred; or any combination of or equivalent training, education, or experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
Knowledge of: Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel programs; office equipment such as printers; digital calendars; cash handling; efficient internet research; website best practices; how to edit, configure, and create webpages; modern office practices.
Skill in: office administration; effective verbal and written communication; organizational skills; multi-tasking; strong customer service and interpersonal skills; problem-solving; time-management; attention to detail; using a computer and ability to learn different scheduling and recreation software; editing and creating website posts, newsletters, and flyers; working independently and collaboratively; ability to remain calm and professional in stressful situations.
While performing the duties of this job, work is performed primarily in a standard office environment, in and around the Town Park and Campground, and is subject to frequent interruptions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to sit for extended periods; may occasionally be required to lift and/or move items weighing up to 20 pounds. Frequent exposure to the public in an information center-type setting.
Full-Time Year Round. Grade 20; annual salary minimum $ 43,064 – maximum $ 58,136 DOQ
The Town of Telluride offers a generous benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, retirement with Town match, paid time off, sick leave, comp time, 10 paid holidays, and a merchant ski pass!
Email the Employment Application(PDF), cover letter, and resume to Sydney Roop, HR Coordinator.
- Health Insurance
- Mental Health Resources
- Paid Time Off
- Ski Pass