Salary: Grade 85; minimum $88,543- maximum $128,388 DOQ
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Telluride, CO
Publish Date: Posted January 23, 2023
The Town Engineer is a key position that performs technical and professional level engineering work, including evaluation and design of capital projects, construction inspections, project management, and GIS.
This position includes an employee rental housing opportunity!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Town Engineer- Full Job Description
- Develops or coordinates the development of all comprehensive plans involving municipal infrastructure
- Develops, reviews, and updates utilities, storm drainage, and street system maps and databases.
- Reviews development applications for compliance with code, regulations, and standards
- Oversees preparation of engineering plans and specifications, bidding, and selection of contractors
- Provides project management for the construction of municipal public works projects
- Develops and implements plans to accomplish annual and long-range goals, make budget recommendations, and performs cost control activities.
- Performs public outreach on projects with public impact
- B.S. in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer certification
- At least 2 years of relevant engineering, project management, and construction management experience
- Ability to cost estimate projects
- Valid Driver’s license
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
Knowledge of civil engineering principles, practices, and methods to municipal venue; applicable local, state, and Federal laws and regulations
Skill in understanding, interpreting, and applying regulations; writing and administering grant applications; identifying and characterizing a problem; identifying and evaluating potential solutions; selecting an optimal solution; implementing the selected solution, and monitoring to see that the problem has been solved.
Construction sites; Adverse weather conditions; Water and wastewater processing sites; High mountain environment
The Town of Telluride offers a generous benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, retirement with Town match, paid time off, sick leave, comp time, 10 paid holidays, and a merchant ski pass! This position includes an employee rental housing opportunity!
Email the Employment Application(PDF), cover letter, and resume to Sydney Roop, HR Coordinator.
- Health Insurance
- Mental Health Resources
- Paid Time Off
- Pet Friendly
- Ski Pass