Salary: Negotiable Depending on Experience
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Vail Valley, CO
Publish Date: Posted December 2, 2022
Applications have closed
Purpose: At Vail Mountain School, the Registrar manages official administrative data for all school departments and maintains the official student records of the school. The Registrar also leads course registration and class scheduling for all three divisions and manages the student information system for the school.
Who You Are:
- A SIS database expert. You have significant experience working in student information systems, specifically with PCR, Veracross, and similar systems.
- Prior experience working in independent schools would be a great bonus!
- A “raise your hand” type of person. You’re interested in participating in school events like orientation trips, field trips, sitting at lunch tables, assisting with carpool, hut trips, and Ski days as necessary. You are ready to participate fully in the life of the school.
- Experience working with official records in an administrative capacity including record retention, database management, and data entry.
- Able to maintain privacy of student records and student/family information.
- Experience with Google Workspace and Microsoft Office, specifically Google Sheets and Excel.
- Willing to learn new software and new systems as needed
- Understanding of timelines and deadlines in order to meet the needs of a busy school
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university.
- An extremely organized individual who can manage multiple projects at once.
- Willing to provide general supervision of students as needed.
- Ready to actively promote the mission of the school.
- You are passionate about diversity, equity, and inclusion and their integration into our school. You consider yourself culturally competent and so do your co-workers.
What You Will Do:
- Own Vail Mountain School’s Student Information System (Veracross).
You are in charge of “good data IN and good data OUT”
- We began our Veracross implementation (previously utilizing PCR) in 2022 and you will continue to lead the full implementation of Veracross into our 2023/2024 academic year.
- Utilize database skills to create data queries and prepare reports as needed to support students as well as advancement and the business office
- Prepare and maintain a variety of detailed records, files, and reports related to student enrollment, graduating eligibility, and college applications
- Maintain confidentiality and security of records and information for our students and families
- Provide registrar services to all divisions including creation, maintenance, and access to all official school records
- Build the academic schedule in coordination with the division directors,, and department chairs from course creation all the way through to student schedules.
- Manage all course additions and exclusions at the start of every semester
- Collaborate with teachers and division directors in course selection and scheduling
- Maintain all official and unofficial transcripts including distribution to the appropriate organizations as requested
- Work with teachers and division directors to ensure accurate and timely report card distribution
- Maintain current parent and student information in all relevant databases
- Work closely on the enrollment process in coordination with the business and advancement offices
- Be a consistent presence in the office to receive phone calls and provide administrative and data support to faculty, staff, and families
- Maintain comprehensive and easily accessible computer and paper files
- Participate fully in the life of the school including sitting with students at lunch tables, participating in carpool, being available as needed for all-hands on deck activities
- Communicate in a timely and professional manner with students, teachers, parents and colleagues
- Education / Training
- Health Insurance
- Mental Health Resources
- Paid Time Off
- Ski Pass