Salary: $30-34/hour DOE
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Vail Valley, CO
Publish Date: Posted May 10, 2023
The Grill on the Gore restaurant located at The Vail Golf Club is seeking a full time seasonal assistant manager for the summer season beginning May 1st. Come join our team!
We serve classic American comfort food with a unique twist all with an amazing view of the Gore Range. Be a part of a team that focuses on superior guest service while providing the highest quality food in a friendly and fun environment. Enjoy the opportunity to work with the general manager to develop a unique and creative bar menu that includes utilizing our herb garden, local spirits and Colorado draft beer selections. Implement training strategies and work with a diverse team overseeing 3 different aspects of the business including the Grill on the Gore restaurant, the Starter Haus and the Beverage Cart.
Must be guest service focused with the ability to lead a team to provide the highest quality of service on a consistent basis. An ideal candidate works great under pressure and works as part of a team willing to jump in and assist wherever needed or asked.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties:
· Oversee the day to day operations of the Grill on the Gore Restaurant, the Starter Haus and the Beverage Cart.
· Work directly with the Chef and Sous Chef in regards to the food quality and consistency including addressing and sharing any concerns that come up.
· Opening and closing the building.
· Lead a team of up to 25 people including but not limited to:
· Maintain a safe work environment.
· Assuring the cleanliness of all spaces in and around the Clubhouse.
· Host daily pre-shift meetings in addition to attending regular manager meetings.
· Resolve guest issues in a timely manner.
· Maintaining and exceeding our guest service expectations and survey scores
Basic Qualifications & Skills:
· At least 1 – 2 years restaurant supervisory or management experience.
· A strong working knowledge of bartending and creating cocktails.
· Previous training for safe alcohol service such as TIPS.
· Have a positive attitude.
· Be able to work under pressure while remaining calm and leading a successful team.
· Function at a high level as part of the food and beverage management team.
Full time seasonal position: May 1st – October 27th
We are offering competitive rates in a great place to work! Benefits include Vail golf pass as well as access to Vail Recreation District’s activities such as Tennis, Pickleball, Dobson Ice Arena, and more!