Salary: $21.50 - $27.50/h
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Vail Valley, CO
Publish Date: Posted September 29, 2022
Applications have closed
The Medical Assistant supports one or two of our orthopedic surgeons in the clinic environment. The Medical Assistant performs injury assessments, assists the physician or physician assistant with treatment and performs follow-up care. The ideal candidate will be looking for an entry-level opportunity in a clinical setting. This is a full-time, year-round position with competitive pay and fantastic benefits.
In accordance with healthcare best practices and guidance from the CDC for healthcare settings, vaccination against COVID-19 is required. Applicants may request a medical or religious exemption.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for following patient care from check in to check out. Responsible for taking patient history, initial evaluation and documentation.
• Discuss patient’s initial evaluation and plan of care with physician and/or PA.
• Carry out prescribed treatments and recommendations by the team physician or PA.
• Responsible for patient setup and education of in office procedures. Prepares for and assists physician with in-office procedures.
• Liaison with surgery schedulers and ensure appropriate information is shared for accurate surgery set-up.
• Responsible for brace and crutch fitting and product education, casting application and removal, suture/staple removal and wound care.
• Triages and responds timely and appropriately to patient messages, phone calls, and questions, whether it is resolving issues within the scope of duties or utilizing physician or other team members as needed.
• Responsible for maintaining clinic flow between different areas of the clinic. Liaison between patient, surgeon and office team.
• Document all evaluations and treatments in EMR system.
• Assist with daily operations of cleaning, maintaining orderly rooms, stocking medical supplies and forms, etc.
• Use proper infection control procedures adopted by affiliated Surgery Centers and hospitals.
• Meet the Company’s expectations as described in the VSON Policies and Practices.
• Maintain confidentiality of Personal Identifiable Information (PII) in accordance with company Policies and State and Federal laws, including OSHA and HIPAA regulations.
• Perform job in accordance with all company safety practices.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATES
• BOC Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC), EMT, or Medical Assistant license/certification required
• BLS Certification required or able to obtain within 30 days of hire
• Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- Education / Training
- Health Insurance
- Hiring Bonuses
- Mental Health Resources
- Paid Time Off
- Retention Bonuses